Elisabeth

Elisabeth

tirsdag 13. oktober 2015

Pretending to be pregnant!


What is this new thing where you’re willing to do almost anything to be the first one to board a train, bus or tram?! Maybe it’s not a new thing at all, I don’t know? But it’s just the last years that I’ve really experienced it. Today for instance, I was waiting for a train, and when it came this suit clad man he just pushed his way past me. It’s so rood! What’s wrong with this guy? Where did the good manners go?

The funny thing is that the train was almost empty, so everyone got a seat by them selves (Btw. Norwegians hate sitting next to people they don’t know). Actually I got a seat, but it was reserved for elderly and pregnant people. I get so anxious sitting in these kind of seats. I’m afraid that someone will shout out: Hi, you’re not pregnant!!! So I sat there and tried to make my coat look bulky so that I could go for a pregnant woman. J I don’t know if it worked, but the three other people sitting next to me was definitely not pregnant or very old.



I’d like to think that if an old person came by I would stand up and give them my seat. The problem here is that some people gets really offended if you do. This women I met a wile back got almost angry when I offered her my seat. She was not OLD!!! But I guess it’s better to be polite and give up your seat, to be on the safe side. One of my friends was pregnant in her ninth month, but no one offered her a seat on the bus. The bus driver even made her use the back exit even though she was seated at the very front, because “You’re not allowed to use the front entrance as an exit”. How crazy is that!!


One time I witnessed this really bizarre scene where a bus driver refused to let a mother and her young daughter use the front entrance of the bus. The argument was that only people who was buying tickets on the bus, was supposed to be allowed to use it. CRAZY if you ask me. This little girl was really frightened and the bus driver ended up with allowing them to enter “this one time”.

To all bus drivers and train conductors! Please be a bit kinder and more understanding!

To all the people who just care about getting the best seat. Please try to behave and practice your manners!


And to me and all the others who pretend to be pregnant (if there are any) J Give your seat up if someone needs it more then you!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar